Industrial Promotion Services is the Industrial development affiliate of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the development and implementation of strategies that strengthen crop production/ management and deliver commercially viable and sustainable results in respect of costs and yields.
Considerable technical knowledge as well as sound communication, commercial and planning skills are a requirement of this role.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum holder of Diploma/Bsc in Horticulture or any tropical agriculture related course.
- Over five years production experience in any of the following crops, Legumes, Tomatoes, Potatoes and Fruits, either in a plantation environment or with small scale holder schemes.
- Willing to travel and work within East Africa with minimum supervision.
- Should be people oriented and have demonstrated leadership skills, proven integrity, self-driven and self-motivated.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Business Development skills and Commercial / Business acumen.