Senior Product Developer – Mobile & Web Applications
Job Summary: Working with a small team of talented engineers, product people and designers, to; explore client side frameworks and technologies, and do rapid prototyping to evaluate them.
Mentor and work alongside motivated, supportive, and talented people in a collaborative, Scrum environment.
- Ownership is a key aspect of our success; developers are expected to drive the technology they are responsible for and in return, are given much autonomy.
- You must have experience with large scale database driven applications
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using various tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports junior developers by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and develops web application with junior developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Engage actively in Messaging API maintenance and improvements.
- Frontier web-services development(MPESA IPN and SOAP)
- Proficient at writing code.
- Consistently meets or exceeds deadlines on programming projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 2-3 years of recent experience with development projects for mobile
- applications and mobile web sites for iOS, Android, or Windows Phone is required.
- Experience in project management using Agile/Scrum/Kanban development process
- Experience managing external contractors
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before end of day 15th April 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.