Shining Hope For Community (SHOFCO) seeks to recruit qualified candidates for the position below to join us in the Programs department.
Position: Program Manager
Location: Mathare, Nairobi
Reports to: Director of Programs and Operations
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8am to 5pm
Duties and Responsibilities
Management and Strategy
- Build capacity for organizational leadership, helping to lead strategy, goal attainment, and professional development. Manage diverse stakeholders and program officers.
- Supervises the core program officers and is responsible for ensuring consistent and effective program development, implementation and maintenance.
- Works with Senior Management Team to lead the development and dissemination of organizational strategies, models and standards for core program areas.
- Works with the Senior Management Team and Program Officers to develop and implement new program as needed.
- Works with the Director of Programs and Operations Chief Program Officer and M&E team to ensure timely and efficient collection of service and impact data.
- Works with community stakeholders to ensure community input in service delivery and improvements.
- Responsible for hiring all site staff and insuring they are properly trained and managed.
- Ensure effective hiring and supervisory practices:
- Contribute to the development and use of training and coaching programs.
- Identify and build leaders within the organization
- Assure timely completion of performance appraisals and work plans.
- Work with the Procurement and Inventory and Operations Managers to ensure smooth daily operations
- Ensures all organizational protocols and procedures are followed
- Creates timely working documents for ongoing project planning, evaluation and tracking.
- Coordinate with the Director of Programs and Operations and US Staff to provide reporting for donors including project reports, sponsorship updates, photos, collaboratively manage opportunities to tell the story of project success.
- Serve to promote the organization’s vision, mission and values in the country and play a key-networking role.
- Liaise with donors and local partners
Educational Background & Experience
- Degree in Social Science or Development related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in Urban Programming in the informal sectors
- Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural in the informal setting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and analysis,
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills with stakeholders,
- Proven technical competencies in planning, design and implementation of programmes as well as sound financial skills (e.g., budgeting),
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 3rd May 2016.