Vacancy: Part-time Finance and Administrative Assistant
Sinapis is a Christian social enterprise with a mission to empower aspiring entrepreneurs in the developing world with innovative, scalable business ideas by providing them with a rigorous Christ-centered business education, world-class consulting and mentorship services, and access to seed capital.
Through these means, we strive to create Kingdom business leaders, sustainable employment and an improved quality of life for many that we may glorify God in service of His people.
Sinapis achieves its mission through two inter-related programs:
(i) The Sinapis Entrepreneurship Training Program is an intensive 4-month business training program similar to a mini-MBA but customized for earlier stage ventures.
Participants in this program spend approximately 20 hours per week completing online coursework, attending in-person class sessions, and doing practical “field work” assignments that allow immediate and practical implementation of lessons learned.
Upon completion of the training program, the entrepreneurs are eligible to compete in the Sinapis Business Plan Competition, in which the top 10 finalists compete for seed capital at a live pitch event.
(ii) The finalists in the business plan competition are then invited to join our Fast Track Fellows Program, which is a 6- month accelerator program that provides the entrepreneurs access to high quality generalist consultants, professional advisors, successful entrepreneur mentors, advanced trainings, and investor match-making.
Part-time Finance and Administrative Assistant Description
Sinapis is looking for a qualified individual to run Sinapis’ day to day accounting and administrative responsibilities.
The individual would have the following duties:
1. Accounting Management
a) Managing all accounts payable in cash and cheque
- Processing accounts payable and matching paid expenses with received receipts
- Preparing petty cash vouchers and ensuring all cash transactions entered into the petty cash journal have valid receipts
- Managing staff reimbursements and ensuring all monthly costs are paid e.g. rent and utilities
- Updating the accounting system weekly to reflect all expenses
- Requesting and following up on invoices
- Making timely payments to trainers and other service providers
b) Managing all accounts receivable
- Preparing invoices for goods and services as need be
- Update management on delayed invoices
- Updating the accounting system on Expensify and QuickBooks weekly to reflect all received money
- Preparing statutory payments of all independent consultants hired by Sinapis
c) Maintain chart of accounts
- Weekly entry of invoices and receipts into the proper accounts in the accounting system
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Maintaining monthly records of files as per Sinapis’ current filing system
- Ensuring that entries in the petty cash book match receipts and immediately notifying management where discrepancies are noticed
- Run a general ledger trial balance at the end of the month prior to closing the books to ensure accounts are balanced and reporting this to management
- Creating a weekly and monthly petty cash report that is signed and approved by the country manager as accurate against correlating transactions
2. Client Service
- Answering phone calls on general enquiries
- Recruiting entrepreneurs into Sinapis programs through emails and phone calls when need be
- Providing assistance to Sinapis visitors
- Recording visitor information during Sinapis workshops and events
3. General Administration
- Maintaining and updating Sinapis databases
- Organizing and scheduling meetings including booking meeting rooms and sending meeting reminders
- Taking and sending out minutes during meetings
- Booking travel arrangements and managing courier delivery
- Digitizing Sinapis records such as feedback forms, sign-up sheets and other hardcopy information
- Maintaining, monitoring and purchasing office stationery and supplies
4. Undertake any other duties as deemed reasonable and consistent with the position.
Required skills and experience
- Must possess a relevant diploma or certificate in accounting, Business studies or other related fields. CPA or ACCA qualifications shall be an added advantage
- Must have at least one year of relevant work experience, including experience working with QuickBooks and Expensify
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills
- Must be detail oriented, proactive and have a problem solving mindset
- Must be a person of integrity and highly trustworthy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Fluency in English speaking and writing
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Extremely positive attitude and friendly disposition
- Most importantly, a heart and passion for our cause of helping entrepreneurs and dedication to our Christian beliefs
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send us your well-written CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application: Part-time Finance and Administrative Assistant”.
Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Deadline for application is 7th May 2016.