Chief Executive Officer
Soko Sawa Ltd is a company under the umbrella of the SVG group. The SVG group started out as a trading shop, and then ventured into textiles, floriculture, agro and agro processing. These companies are based in Kenya, Uganda and Zambia.
The Role: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the purpose of this role is to provide strategic direction and hands-on leadership for Company-wide processing and sales operations.
The role holder will work with his team in ensuring smooth functioning of Supply Chain, Operations, Quality Assurance, Research and Development, Purchasing, Logistics and other departments.
And will also be a resource to Sales by providing support with Customer requirements, communications and resolution of issues.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- MBA in Hospitality Management, Food Science or other operations / business related field.
- At least (10) years’ experience in the food industry with proven history of achievement and increased responsibilities.
- Solid working knowledge of Food Safety, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Environmental compliance requirements, Materials management (purchasing and logistics), Employee Safety processes, Continuous Operational Improvement and Financial Operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster the development of an efficient and cohesive organization.
- Ability to organize and develop the talent around them.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organization.
- Strong business knowledge with ability to effectively communicate and work in support of revenue and business financial objectives.
- Self-starter with ability to develop goals and initiatives and deliver on those initiatives without day-to-day oversight.
- Ability to identify, create and foster a culture that is supportive of and builds upon the core values of the Business.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position title on the subject of the email or cover letter on or before Friday 8th April 2016.
Applications including your curriculum vitae, a working email address, daytime telephone contacts, qualifications, experience, present position, names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.