Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of General Manager Human Resource
Job Purpose / Summary: The job holder will be responsible for developing and leading a winning HR policy driven to attract, train and retain the best talent in the business.
The incumbent will oversee all functions of the department and ensure proper processes are followed in selection, recruitment, training and remuneration.
The Human Resource Manager will ensure optimum placement of staff members in various departments and outlets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains overall Human Resource strategy for the business in line with the business growth objective. Breaks down the overall strategy into day to day objectives and leads teams in achieving the same.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling departmental managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions. Constantly reviews relevance of various positions in line with business objectives.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manage the Human Resource budget in the most efficient survey method possible. Ensure business gets real value for resources invested in people and guide Human Resource spending in line with overall company strategy.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers and departmental heads to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements and best practices; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings and forums with employee unions, labor offices and the Ministry of Labor.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees based on merit. Foster counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive performance management system. Ensure continuous and regular performance evaluation of employees in various levels, departments and branches and proper documentation of performance records. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop performance reward system for all employees to recognize effort and success. Also develop and maintain a comprehensive performance improvement plan for underperforming employees – facilitate counseling and motivation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management.
- A Master’s degree in HRM will be an added advantage
- At least seven years’ experience in HR, four of which must be in senior management position.
- Must be a practicing member of The Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Must be well versed with Kenya and International Labor laws.
- Team player with excellent influencing skills
- High level of Initiative and self-drive
- Attention to details
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Skills to work efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through email@example.com before close of business 14th April 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.