Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of General Manager – ICT.
Job Purpose / Summary: The job holder will be responsible for planning, administering and reviewing the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunications systems within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and enforcing information technology (IT) policies, procedures and systems;
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining databases and information systems for the company;
- Planning and coordinating IT activities such as installation and upgrading of hardware and software, programming and systems design, development of computer networks, and implementation of Internet and intranet sites;
- Overseeing the development, implementation and maintenance of security networks;
- Analysing the computer and information needs of the organisation, from an operational and strategic perspective, and determining immediate and long-term ICT requirements;
- Coordinating and implementing required systems by the company;
- Overseeing hardware maintenance, trouble shooting and user support assistance;
- Coordinating the design, development and implementation of computer disaster recovery procedures to minimize on loss of data/or systems; and
- Preparing ICT budgets and proposals.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Relevant professional ICT qualifications such as MCSE – Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- 8 years’ experience, 3 of which must have been in a similar capacity.
- Prior experience in managing a functional level in a large organisation / busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 18th April 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.