Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are looking to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of General Manager – Retail.
Job Purpose / Summary: The job holder will be responsible for planning and managing the organization’s core business (branches) as well as the marketing activities and property management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and enforcing operations policies, procedures and systems.
- Providing overall leadership in all branch activities to ensure smooth operations.
- Co-ordinating the business strategy in line with the organization’s objectives and targets.
- Overseeing the sales and marketing activities of the organization.
- Overseeing the outsourced sections of the organization.
- Overseeing property management activities within the organization including maintenance and repairs and new projects.
- Preparing operations budgets and proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in any business related course or its equivalent.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- 8 years of working experience of in a senior managerial position of which 3 must have in a similar capacity.
- Proven experience in developing value chains and ability to drive a commercial agenda in a retail set up.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through email@example.com before close of business 18th April 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.