Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of Sales and Marketing Manager
Job Purpose / Summary: The incumbent will manage the execution of the seasonal and annual marketing strategies and will be accountable for assisting the GM – Business Development with planning and the implementation of the programs in the market.
The Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating awareness and buzz about the brands and for maintaining the integrity of the brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and increasing sales of the company’s products.
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding the customer base.
- Servicing the needs of the existing customers.
- Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Setting sales targets for individual reps and the team as a whole.
- Developing sales strategies and setting targets.
- Monitoring team’s performance and motivating them to reach targets.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research.
- Keeping up to date with industry products and competitors.
- Partner with the GM – Business Development on the creation of marketing strategies and programs to drive traffic and create brand awareness.
- Manage and develop good relationships with editors of key publications for media blasts about the company brand and sub-brands.
- Manage monthly/ seasonal creative and content updates for the brands’, websites and sub-websites, digital and social media.
- Stay on top of local competitors and buzz in the marketplace.
- Must have the ability to adapt and make relevant Marketing programs that will drive traffic to stores and increase sales.
- Manage all aspects of seasonal campaigns for successful implementation. Includes, but not limited to, Advertising, Indoor, Outdoor, Direct Mail, SMS/ Email Messaging, Website management, PR and Events and other activities identified.
- Work with related departments on loyalty programs per the guidelines set forth by the brand.
- Participate in establishing business objectives, developing budgets, and providing summaries of program performance.
- Execute a seasonal hindsight on key competitors and recap on local programs and events.
- Monitor effectiveness of programs (ROI & measurements) and recommend opportunities for the future improvements.
- Bachelor of Business Management/ Commerce (Retail, Sales Marketing bias). Masters in related areas will be an added advantage.
- 4-7 years of Sales and Marketing related experience – retail, agency, manufacturing or FCMG marketing
- An understanding of retail and background to lead projects from a business need perspective.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Advanced level of proficiency in database (Access) word processing (Word) and presentation (PowerPoint) software applications.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Team player with excellent influencing skills
- High level of Initiative and self-drive
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Skills to work efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through email@example.com before close of business 15th April 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.