Uwezo Microfinance Bank has been a community Microfinance Bank that has now acquired a nationwide license from the Central Bank and is embarking on an expansion program aimed at having representation around the country.
The bank is committed to being the leading Microfinance Bank in providing quick solutions to the financial needs of our target market.
We focus on the provision of loans and savings products to SMEs, savings and investment groups, professionals and individuals located all around the country.
We are looking for an energetic, professional and results driven individual to join our high performing team in the position of:
Business Development Manager
Job Purpose: The Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing the bank’s revenue by expanding existing businesses and identifying new opportunities in line with the Business Strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design the Business Development Strategy in line with the bank’s corporate strategy.
- Formulating, monitoring and evaluating strategic initiatives and performance targets for the bank.
- Developing, ensuring implementation and monitoring of business development targets and drawing annual plans for approval and execution in line with the regional and overall business targets.
- Prospecting for structure, arranging and closing strategic business partnerships between Uwezo MFB and other partners.
- Leading and growing a healthy business portfolio and minimizing risks.
- Managing the financial resources and processes including preparing monthly revenue reports, monitoring and reporting on the same.
- Identifying and driving new income initiatives while optimizing existing ones.
- Providing superior level customer relationship management and promoting sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation.
- Ensuring successful roll outs/implementation of new SME products and services.
- Driving SME assets and liabilities through offering leadership and motivation to the branches.
- Promoting the bank’s brand and image.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance to all the company policies, processes, procedures and other controls.
- Building and developing a high performing team.
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting on the budgetary allocations.
Job Skills & Competencies:
- Customer Service management;
- Accounting Operations;
- Marketing Operations;
- Influencing and implementing innovation;
- Training skills;
- Credit management;
- Conflict management;
- Leadership Skills;
- Analytical & Problem solving skills;
- Communication & Interpersonal skills;
- Change management;
- Information management;
- Application and exploitation of IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field. (Master’s in Business Administration is desirable)
- Membership to MSK/CIM.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a similar post.
Qualified candidates to send their applications to email@example.com by 10th April 2016.