Uwezo Microfinance Bank is committed to being the leading Microfinance Bank through provision of quality and professional financial and savings solutions, products and investment management services in the medium and lower end of the financial markets.
We focus on the provision of financial and savings solutions to SMEs, savings and investment groups, professionals and individuals who are desirous of growth.
We are looking for an energetic and results driven individual in the position of:
Job Purpose: The Operations Manager will be responsible for running effective branch operations leading to provision of excellent customer service, profitability and business growth in line with overall business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, ensuring implementation and monitoring of branch targets and drawing annual budgets for approval and execution in line with the overall business plan.
- Planning and monitoring the activities of the branch to ensure productivity and deliver results.
- General management and administration of the branch including proposing targets for the development plan of the branch.
- Ensuring implementation of the bank internal control system in the Branch.
- Managing the financial resources and processes including preparing monthly revenue reports, monitoring and reporting.
- Establishing and implementing all the procedures needed to manage the branch in accordance with Uwezo MFB procedures.
- Leading and growing a healthy branch portfolio while minimizing risks.
- Following up and assessing the market for business opportunities while managing branch leads and ensuring conversion by reporting, communicating and facilitating continuity and results.
- Ensuring that all the infrastructure is operational and well maintained.
- Overseeing customer service delivery, maintenance and improvement of retail banking service standards.
- Facilitating effective relationship management for external and internal customers.
- Preparing, managing and monitoring the branch budgets.
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in management.
- Managing and implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
Job Skills & Competencies: Customer Service management; Accounting Operations; Marketing Operations; Influencing and implementing innovation; Training skills; Credit management; Conflict management; Group management; Problem solving skills; Communication & Interpersonal skills; Change management; Information management; Application and exploitation of IT.
Personal Attributes: Professionalism and ethics; Integrity; Business Acumen; Leadership and people skills; Passion and drive; Ownership and Accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field. MBA an added advantage.
- CPA (K).
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar position in a Microfinance Bank.
Qualified candidates to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th April 2016.