UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 011/2016
Position No. 16-0020991
Post Title: Procurement Assistant
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC5
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 12th April 2016
Closing Date: 25th April 2016
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme activities include food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, relief and emergency school feeding, while also supporting humanitarian air and logistics services, food security coordination and infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations;
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, ensuring standard processes are followed;
- Review, record and priorities purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services;
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations;
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders;
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements;
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs;
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Secondary school education.
- A Post-secondary certificate related to functional area is required.
- At least four years of progressively responsible support experience in procurement activities.
- Experience in conducting analyses and developing reports and working with suppliers.
Language: Fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement.
- Demonstrating knowledge of procurement process and linkages with other operations (e.g. Logistics) and familiarity with locally purchased commodities / goods / services (e.g. cash based, in-kind donations)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.