Vacancy Announcement No. 010/2016
Contract type: Service Contract
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme activities include food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, relief and emergency school feeding, while also supporting humanitarian air and logistics services, food security coordination and infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Procurement unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Guide, train and supervise support staff engaged in the processing of procurement reports and returns from Area Offices;
- Plan, organize, and conduct the purchases, to ensure timely, constant and proper supply;
- Manage suppliers database and participate in WFP suppliers selections;
- Issue local tenders, evaluate offers and make purchase recommendation for WFP procurement Authority and the award of contracts by using WFP’s corporate system;
- Liaise with other WFP Operational units to optimize supply chain of goods/services required;
- Research, collect and analyze data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Provide technical advice on procurement activities, following rules , procedures and regulations;
- Develop and prepare technical and legal contracts;
- Manage and coordinate negotiations with all interested parties including contract disputes and claims;
- Run system quires, prepare reports and management presentations on procurement activity;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Secondary school education.
- A Post-secondary certificate related to functional area is required.
- At least five years of progressively responsible support experience with general experience in conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement.
- Demonstrating knowledge of procurement process and linkages with other operations (e.g. Logistics) and familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services (e.g. cash based, in-kind donations)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.