Financial Accountant (Temporary Position)
East Africa Regional Office, Nairobi
Duration: 3 Month
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
World Vision EARO is seeking to recruit a temporary Financial Accountant.
The Financial Accountant will manage the intercompany database and account through review, analysis, coding and processing of incoming and outgoing charges in accordance with the World Vision International Finance Manual and Policies.
Manage multiple payrolls by ensuring that authorized changes are processed, all statutory and other deductions are processed and remitted in accordance with the prevailing laws and regulations and advice management of changes in the laws and regulations.
- Perform all aspects of the accounts payable function by matching supporting documents and booking the transactions into SUN according to WV policies and deadlines.
- Identify errors or discrepancies and resolve before processing.
- Process the cheques / online payments with supporting documentation and submit for review and subsequent payment.
- Prepare monthly creditor reconciliations and liaise with vendors to ensure prompt clearance or resolution of pending or disputed items.
- Keep records of documents filed or removed using a tracking tool and perform periodic inspections of documents or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility and proper document condition.
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized internal and external users
Skills required include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum of CPA Part 2
- Must have knowledge and experience in Sunsytem.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Knowledge of MS Office, Lotus Notes.
- Experience: 2 years of experience in an Accounting field.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Kindly send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title. ‘Temp-Financial Account’ as the email subject by the closing date 20 April 2016.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Vision for every child, life in all its fullness; Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.