African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary Range: Competitive Package on Offer
Location: Nairobi Headquarters
Supervisor: Administration Officer
The Administrative Assistant is an integral member of AWF and serves as the main contact for all external parties calling at the reception area of AWF headquarters, enhancing the organizational image and provides general administrative services to the office in support to AWF staff.
- Front office operations – ensure all visitors are well received and attended to as well as ensuring the front office is kept clean and tidy.
- Switchboard operations – receive, make and direct calls as required as well ensure the switchboard is always operational and report any faults as required.
- Procurement – purchasing office stationery, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of the same.
- Logistical support – work with the logistics officer to ensure staff receive the necessary support in planning field/business trips. This includes making flight and hotel reservations as well as process visa applications as required.
- Facilitate courier services for out-going mail/parcels and ensure efficient tracking.
- Work with the Logistics Officer on tracking and final clearance of incoming parcels/mail.
- Ensure timely payment of bills -Telephone, travel, stationery, taxi and courier.
- Work with the Office Assistant to co-ordinate the use of meeting rooms and organize provision of catering services as requested.
- Ensure proper upkeep of office equipment and ensure timely service and reorder of supplies.
- Deal with vendors for office services, including stationery, telephone, courier, taxi
- Maintain staff absence log and communicate the staff absence to other staff
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Diploma in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies
- Certificate in Customer Service/Front Office operations is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position (preferably in an international NGO set-up or busy working environment)
- Basic Financial/ Accounting experience would be an added advantage
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting
- Strong grasp of MS Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to details
- Must demonstrate professional demeanor
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Team oriented, flexible and adaptable, with positive attitude and strong work ethic
How to Apply
E-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.