Exciting Career Opportunity for Stewardship Manager
Agrochemicals Association of Kenya ( AAK ) is a leader in the stewardship of public, animal and crop pest control products and protection of the environment.
AAK achieves this by building a quality world class comprehensive and sustainable capabilities in product use of public, animal and crop and environmental care.
The Association is seeking to recruit a Stewardship Manager who will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will oversee all stewardship activities of the Association and assist the CEO on administration.
The Stewarship Manager will specifically be responsible for the stewardship activities that include training in Responsible Use and Integrated Pest Management and other activities that include Container, Obsolete and Resistant Management in the whole pesticide life cycle.
He/she will report to the CEO of Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) and is responsible for the following Key Result Areas;
Key Result Areas: Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing all training in Kenya for Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK)/ Crop Life Kenya (CLK) which also includes managing a team of trainers across the country.
- Implement projects and programs and ensuring they run according to plan.
- Concept development and Proposal writing.
- Preparing of sub-committee yearly budgets, and ensuring compliance.
- Close interaction with smallholder farmers, pest control operators, agro dealers and extension officers on issues related to pesticides and their Responsible Use (RU).
- Conducting training on RU, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), and related issues for different organizations including the public, Non-governmental organizations, pest control operators and the private sector.
- Preparation of communication material, training materials including trainers manual, participants manual and reference materials used in training by the organization and other third party organizations.
- Represent industry in various meetings both locally and internationally as delegated by the CEO.
- Collaboration with Pest Control Products Board (PCPB) and stakeholders in the Agricultural Sector.
Job Specification: Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture (or related course), Project Planning and Management and related fields from a recognized University.
- Master’s degree or postgraduate studies in relevant fields highly desirable.
- Knowledge in pesticides, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Responsible Use (RU) of pesticides.
- Provability to complete full training cycle (assesses needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- At least 5 years of working in a similar field of training.
- Proven working experience in coordinating training.
- Proficiency in Computer applications (MS Office and Social Media).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good understanding of the agrochemicals industry and legislation is an added advantage.
- Willing to travel to all parts of the country.
- A valid driving license.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills to create and maintain rapport with all stakeholders.
- Be a team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organization and members.
- Understanding the role/value of training in a commercial environment.
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 23rd May 2016 to the
Sheer Logic Management Consultants
clearly marking –The position on the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) is an Equal opportunities employer