Job Ref: PCI-280964
Period of performance: June 2016 to May 2017
Location: Nairobi Population Council Office
Reports to: Principal Investigator and the Senior Technical Adviser
This is a global research project that aims to develop an evidence base to inform policy, support programmatic interventions, and strategic investments to end FGM/C.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties:
To support the Principal Investigator (PI) and Coordination team for the FGM/C Research studies planned for Somalia in Phase 1: 2016/2017
In consultation with Senior Technical Advisor and the Study Principal Investigator, conduct literature review on community public declarations
Support the delivery and implementation of research, capacity building and research uptake of Somalia-based research projects.
Support the following:
- Gather and research information for program/project from internet, libraries, professional journals, etc.
- Day to day running of the project activities
- Development of project timeline with deliverables integrated with RA responsibilities and activities
- Drafting of data collection tools
- Training activities
- Conducting data collection, data collation and work closely with the analysis team to conduct substantive and methodological analyses of data
- Data storage, protection and management
- Other programmatic and technical responsibilities, as assigned.
S/he will prepare a monthly report on their engagement in the research project, highlighting their work and learning experience including skills developed and accomplishments.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A university degree in Social sciences and a Master’s degree in Public health or Gender with a focus on FGM/C
- Demonstrated capacity to design, conduct and manage research, develop research protocols; and conduct qualitative and quantitative research with a focus on FGM/C
- Well versed in literature review, systematic reviews, survey methods, and observational study design skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with project members in various locations, including remotely documenting methodologies, approaches and their experiences
- Excellent English speaking/writing skills required
- Fluency in Somalia and Arabic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, statistical packages for quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including an ability to learn new IT systems
- Skilled at producing results and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to be resourceful
- Flexible and keen to learn new skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment,
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews