Job Ref: PCI-280965
Period of performance: June 2016 to May 2017
Location: Nairobi Office
Reports to: Program Director
This is a global research project that aims to develop an evidence base to inform policy, support programmatic interventions, and strategic investments to end FGM/C.
The Assistant Program Officer will provide support to the overall FGM/C programme.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
Research and Data management support
- Conduct literature reviews
- Gather and research information for program/project from internet, libraries, professional journals, phone research etc.
- Creating reports, proofreading documents, conducting research, managing files and collecting data.
- Project Schedule Adherence
- Project Quarterly Report updates
- Produce a variety of documents, reports, updates or literature for program/project
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries and respond to web-based stakeholder inquiries
- Handle requests for information and data
- Collect and input data into database
- Organize and maintain program/project files and database
- Develop and update program/project literature, newsletters, guides and other resource material
- Document archiving and management
- Disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Preparation of presentations and reports
- Meeting management; Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, Prepare agendas and schedules for meetings, Taking Meeting Minutes and Documentation, Prepare meeting materials, including reports, presentations, Attend meetings as required
- Track all stakeholder engagements and maintain a listserv of all stakeholders
- Logistics; Support travel and accommodation arrangement for training seminars, conferences and other project related events.
- 50% Research and Data management support:
- 25% General administrative support for Project
- 20% Communications Support:
- 5% Perform other duties in support of Program as required
- University degree in social science, public health or related field
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment Superior communication and organization development skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams
- Highly proficient with desktop applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Acrobat Pro, Smartsheet or Microsoft Project (or comparable project management tool), and Internet Explorer including an ability to learn new IT systems
- Be flexible and keen to learn new skills
- Project Scheduling Experience
- Document Control Experience
- Bilingual (English/French) an added advantage
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews