Job Description: We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are looking for an assistant trainer to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of our Leadership and Governance Institute.
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Creation or modification of required training modules
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes e.t.c.)
- Market available training opportunities to organizations’ and provide necessary information
- Conduct sector wide needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on learners’ skills and how it affects KPIs
- Partner with stakeholders and liaise with matter experts regarding instructional design
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Development and analysis of training assessments
- Ability to manage varying classroom sizes
- Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
- Provide consistent and developmental feedback to clients
- All other duties assigned
- Knowledge of Public Service in Kenya
- Proven working experience in coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels (client, sales, program managers, supervisors, and agents)
- Previous assessment experience and training evaluation
- Training evaluation techniques
- A degree in Social Sciences
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in a related field/position.
- A working knowledge in Sales & Marketing, preferably product/business development.
- Teaching / training experience in Leadership & Governance will be an added advantage
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
Indepth Research Services is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.