Our client, ATC Uganda (American Tower Corporation) offers a variety of wireless infrastructure solutions around the world that include towers, managed networks, in-building and outdoor Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), Small Cells and Wi-Fi.
ATC Uganda therefore seeks to recruit a suitably qualified individual to fill the vacancy above. The position reports directly to the Head of Operations.
Summary: The Manager, Engineering will manage the allocation of resources for all Quality Assurance projects and will provide guidance for the Quality Assurance team by defining best practices for the team.
The incumbent will oversee the implementation of software test guidelines and standards and assist the team in executing test plans based off of the analysis of the technical and functional requirements of the business.
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that all test plans adhere to industry guidelines and standards.
- Manage the execution and ensure the quality of all test plans.
- Set QA compliance objectives and ensure that targets are achieved.
- Ensure that all test plans adhere to software test guidelines and standards.
- Define software validation processes and best practices
- Review and establish new metrics for assessing software quality and evaluate results as defined by the QA team.
- Implement process improvements by developing and/or updating written company or departmental procedures related to software development in order to improve efficiency.
- Assure that a state of control is maintained for in-house and outsourced software development.
- Oversee functional testing and corrections of any operational difficulties encountered in executing tests.
- Oversee the creation of both automated and manual regression tests for all key applications.
- Oversee the creation of test scripts and ensures complete testing of applications by the Quality Assurance team.
- Provide detailed status updates of all active projects, including overall product quality, outstanding product difficulties and milestones achieved.
- Ensure that business requirements for each project are verified with business users, project managers, and developers.
Other: Other duties assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise and manage the performance of the Field Supervisors and Tower Engineer.
- Thorough understanding of testing methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work closely with team members on projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Extensive knowledge of test planning, test plan generation, test matrix definition and test case specification/definition
- In depth knowledge of Mercury Interactive testing tools including Quality Center, Win Runner, Load Runner and Test Director
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high level of quality
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or college/university program certificate
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in QA working on Microsoft or UNIX platforms or Oracle ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications environment
- Experience in Tower business, Operations, Leasing, Real Estate preferred
- Experience in writing and implementing test plans
- Experience with relational databases and query tools is a plus
Environment: Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 0-5%% travel will be required in support of the positions responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Additional: We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
How to Apply
Candidates should be willing to relocate to Uganda.