Vacancy: Business Development Manager
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Strong Business acumen and ability to generate develop and grow business relationships.
- Generate new business ideas through independent scouting & partnerships and new business
- Determine the attractiveness of identified business ideas and develop compelling business cases, in order to get qualification by management and the necessary budget for further development into a business plan and execute
- Develop the final business plan, including the implementation(project scope, content, deliverables, milestones, budget), such that management is able to decide on the project
- Generates new business ideas, outside the scope of the existing product roadmap, but within the capabilities of the existing organization and existing partners
- Proactive ability to explore innovative, scalable & self-sustainable distribution models including pricing structure & financial analysis.
- Excellent time and people management with strong communication skills.
- Proficient in use of the MS Office Suite.
- Self-motivated, proactive and a team player with leadership experience.
- Demonstrable target-based Sales and New Business Development experience in commercial transactions.
- Must be fluent in English. Conversational ability in local language (Swahili) is an added bonus.
- Maintain a professional and effective communication to all levels, stimulating initiatives, innovations, and motivation for continuous improvements
- Represent the organization when directed at conferences, meetings, corporate reviews, committees and working groups, sales opportunities, marketing initiatives or other such ideas as conditions present
- Lead and motivate the Partnership Team
- Report weekly and monthly results to the organizations management team
Desired Skills and Experience
- University level degree required
- 6+ years sales and business development experience with specific experience on enterprise software sales to large organizations
- Project management experience, preferably in a software environment
- At least 2 years’ management experience
- Passion for relationship building
- Deep understanding of selling to highly hierarchal organizations
- A good knowledge of the mobile network operator corporate products and services
- Demonstrated understanding/experience of the operation of mobile payments
- Strong communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for world-class customer service
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word (e.g. proposals, contracts), Excel (e.g. business cases) and PowerPoint (e.g. proposals and presentations)
- Having worked in a Public Relations Industry (PR) will be an added advantage
Qualified candidates to send their cvs to email@example.com on or before 18th May 2016