Job Title: Regional Coordinator
Location: Flexible to work in any part of the country.
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour – market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
- Visit each Centre under your supervision at least once a month to monitor the progress and address any issues hindering effective operations of the Centers.
- Monitor and oversee the student selection process and ensure that all students admitted in the center adhere to CAPYEI admission criteria.
- Get road show plans, inception report, progress report, business mentors report and all other reports adhering to timelines and submit them when required.
- Hold regular meetings with Centre staff to get updates on the progress of the Centers and address any challenges arising.
- Maintain constant communication with the Centers to get updates on the Centre progress.
- Closely monitor facilitators and Centre Coordinators performance to be able to continually improve the performance of the Centers.
- Work closely with Centre coordinators and facilitators to meet the requirement of 10% -15% micro enterprise startups from each Centre.
- Coordinate with entrepreneurship department to ensure each center has conducted at least one entrepreneurship day during the batch.
- Inform HR in written form of any staff absenteeism, leave taken and sick off taken. In addition, you must ensure that staff fills the necessary application forms before proceeding on any leave.
- Submit individualized progress report of each facilitator under your supervision at the end of each month.
- Work with Monitoring Executive to ensure student feedback is collected at least once in a batch.
- Work with Life Skills Coordinator to ensure effective implementation of life skills module.
- Use the feedback obtained from the post placement studies to make any necessary changes that will have positive impact on the program.
- Inform HR immediately of any disciplinary issues on the part of employees and provide all the necessary information relating to such disciplinary.
- Conduct walkabouts while visiting the Centers and inspect all facilities in the Centre and ensure they are all working properly.
- Organize and facilitate one BMN meeting in every 6 months at the regional level.
- Develop checklist that will be used by the facilitators to inspect Centre facilities to ensure they are functioning properly at all time.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in any related field
- Strong leadership skills at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
How to Apply
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 06th May 2016.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary on the cover letter.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.