They are looking for dynamic hands on leader to serve as Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer
- Develop workable data sets that will enable regular collection, storage and interpretation of data needed by the teams in the different health, social and economic programs.
- Support the introduction testing and training of program staff on the use and maintenance and development of these datasets including a strong participatory element.
- Develop and encourage innovation in data collection including feedback mechanisms amongst program operations team to address internal and external stakeholder information needs.
- Strengthen data management systems for CFK projects.
- Pursue options for streamlining efficiencies through different technologies as appropriate.
- Support teams in the key programs and projects to drive benefits realization.
- Conduct regular data quality assessments across all service channels and provide feedback to teams.
- Collaborate with donors and other parties on the development, compilation and dissemination of program information through a deliberate determination of base lines to assess impact over the life of the program/project.
- Provide both technical and operational support to research projects conducted by CFK and also in partnership with other organizations.
- Provide support in the research design and reviews within the organization.
- Provide support to the project implementation studies including baseline surveys, Midterm Evaluations and Terminal evaluations.
- Capacity building for project staff in the development and implementation of M&E plans including project log frames and performance monitoring plans.
- Provide technical input in the collection and analysis of project data and in the compilation and submission of donor reports.
- Provide technical support in performance reviews and in provision of feedback to project teams as well as in supporting the project teams to develop rapid response mechanisms, setting new targets to achieve project results/ objectives.
- Support the project teams and the service delivery channels in the design and review of project reporting tools and trainings on the same.
- Support the development of data bases for all CFK projects and service delivery channels working with the project teams to support the integration of reporting systems and framework.
- Assess the quality of service provided and projects implemented by CFK and routinely facilitate feedback mechanisms and support the teams in quality assessment including the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agreed action points/ plans.
- Strengthening engagement with all stakeholders and working closely with all the various technical groups.
- Support in the integration of the Research, M&E unit with the project team units to strengthen program learning and strengthen use of evidence in resource mobilization and in programming.
- Conduct routine supervisory visits to all projects and across the service deliveries channels and submit independent reports to the Executive Director.
- Conduct regular impact assessment of the various projects and programs.
- Conduct feedback analysis from those targeted by the different service delivery channels.
- Provide technical and operations support to research projects conducted by CFK and in partnership with other organizations
- Provide support in the research design and reviews within the organization
- Provide technical support to the project teams in the collection, documentation and dissemination of case studies, success stories and best practices across the entire program and provide staff mentorship and coaching for skills enhancement and coordinates cross learning activities to facilitate scale up and replication of the best practices.
- Track CFK indicators to feed into resource mobilization activities.
- Respond to data collection needs when funding opportunities arise.
- Proactively recommend areas of research that would further effective resource mobilization.
- Maintain data for purposes of mining and inform programs and tactical decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Developmental Studies or any other related discipline.
- Post graduate qualification in project management, monitoring and evaluation is highly desirable.
- Clear and excellent understanding of the different donor policy requirements having worked in several donor funded programs.
- Professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (Program planning and implementation and management; Program Monitoring and Evaluation; Institutional capacity building; Social, qualitative and quantitative research methods; M&E planning; carrying out surveys and impact evaluations);
- Strong competency in the design and implementation of community empowerment programs.
- Strong competency in conceptualizing and designing M&E policies and strategic frameworks.
- Wide experience in community development issues particularly in the areas of participatory training methods and capacity building.
- Strong skills in Project Cycle Management and Planning; developing Monitoring and Evaluation systems (highly skilled in the formulation, design, development, coordination and implementation of participatory monitoring and evaluation frameworks and research)
- Excellent knowledge in advanced statistics and research methodologies. This includes skills in sampling techniques and methodologies, interpretation of statistical figures, professional use of computer software for statistical analysis and other relevant applications (such as SPSS, Epi-Info, Epi-Data and spreadsheets among others).
- Communication and Information dissemination (writing, editing and appropriate dissemination of reports, newsletter and brochures, documentation of case studies, success stories and best practices; Identification of key partners, policy makers, individuals and audiences; Workshop organization, facilitation and presentation skills; Proposal writing).
- Strong skills in training the program staff in results-oriented monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong inter-personal skills in collaborating with Heads of Programs and managing senior executives and management.
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 20th May 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer”
“Carolina for Kibera is an equal opportunity Employer”