Call for Expression of Interest
End Term Evaluation for the Tegemeza Project
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is a local non-profit organisation that envisions a world of healthy families by optimising the delivery and use of health interventions to communities through evidence-informed solutions, innovation and research to address existing and emerging public health needs.
Tegemeza is a five-year project funded by the US President’s Emergency Fund for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which seeks to implement and expand high quality HIV prevention, care and treatment services in Central Kenya.
Using a family-centred approach, the project is implemented in Laikipia, Kiambu, Murang’a, Nyandarua and Nyeri Counties in partnership with Ministry of Health, County Departments of Health and local level stakeholders.
CHS is seeking to engage a consultant to conduct an End Term Evaluation (ETE) to assess the achievements of the project to date based on previously set objectives and indicators.
The evaluation also seeks to assess the likelihood of sustainability of achievements, as well as implementation challenges and obstacles so as to gain lessons for future programming.
Objective of the Evaluation: The overall objective of the evaluation is to establish the achievements made in the four and a half years of implementation and the effect this has had on the target beneficiaries.
The evaluation will assess the implemented project activities, outputs and results to date against what was planned.
Recommendations emerging from the end-term evaluation will inform and guide the design of future projects and generate evidence for organisational learning and accountability.
Interested and qualified consultant(s) should have the following minimum requirements:
- Postgraduate qualifications in Public Health, Social Sciences or other relevant tertiary qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in designing and conducting evaluations in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment
- Strong background and sound knowledge of health systems strengthening (including in the context of devolution) and HIV/AIDS in Kenya
- Experience in the formulation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV projects
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Fluency in Kiswahili and the local language spoken in the region
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated high level of professionalism and ability to work within tight deadlines
Duration and Time of Consultancy: The consultant(s) will work for 35 days (inclusive of travel days to the project locations).
Submission of Proposals: Interested firms/individuals who meet the minimum requirements indicated above should send their technical and financial proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop their sealed bids at CHS offices located on 4th Floor, CVS Plaza, off Lenana Road, on or before Monday, May 23, 2016 at 10:00AM.
The proposals should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya,
P.O. Box 23248-00100,
For detailed information, scope of work/terms of reference please visit our website www.chskenya.org