Clarkson Insurance Brokers Ltd
We are, an Insurance Intermediary who wishes to recruit the following position in our Company.
General Manager – Broking
Oversee the entire insurance broking function and ensure that the laid down underwriting and claims procedures are adopted by all teams as well as customer satisfaction standards are met.
Key Performance Areas
- Oversee the entire insurance broking function and ensure that the laid down underwriting and claims procedures are adopted by all teams as well as customer satisfaction standards are met.
- Develop and implement all brokerage strategies in collaboration with functional/Unit managers.
- Oversee the underwriting and claims in Medical, Life & Pension and General Business units as well as the Risk and Reinsurance unit
- Build and maintain business relationships with existing and potential clients.
- New product development and disseminating information through training to the brokerage team.
- Research on insurance companies’ policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price;
- Arrange specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers.
- Ensure clients are advised on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks.
- Claims management with respect to compensation, restitution, repayment and or any other remedy for loss or damage
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients’ industries.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably B.com-Insurance option,
- Holder of ACII Diploma or the local equivalent,
- Membership to CII/ IIK is required,
- Relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage,
- 8 year’s relevant experience in the Insurance Industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
- Must understand all insurance aspects of the firm,
- Confidence to advise and negotiate with clients and underwriters,
- Ability to build and develop relationships and liaise with clients at all levels,
- Customer service skills.
For considerations, email only a two page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than 30th May 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Quote the reference number on the subject part of the email.