Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Deadline to Apply: 08/06/2016
Start Date: 1st July 2016
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research organization that seeks to improve the understanding of how people living in poverty make decisions and to leverage that knowledge to produce better social outcomes.
It enables researchers to conduct rigorous laboratory – based studies in behavioural economics in a developing country and applying the outcomes of research to real-world problems.
About the project: Our client seeks to study the psychological consequences of poverty, and how they can affect certain economic behaviors that can perpetuate poverty.
Its goal is to try to break this cycle through the design of psychological and economic interventions targeting the psychological consequences of poverty.
- Diagnosis and screening
- Training of lay workers in screening and diagnosis
- Supervision of lay workers (check whether they have properly completed the screenings or diagnostic tools, and bring help when needed)
- Help on the cultural adaptation of psychological interventions
- Support on the training and supervision of the lay workers during the implementation of interventions
- Masters degree level
- Trained on psychometric tests, DSM diagnosis and CBT
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Have good communication skills
- Have a positive attitude, respectful, have strong interpersonal skills
Duration: Successful candidates shall be hired for a duration of six months with a possibility of renewal.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and ensure that the subject line reads: “Psychologist: REF NO: BU-2016-05-13”.
Only online applications shall be considered and shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.