Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
Reporting to the Head – Legal Services Department, the role holder will be responsible for ensuring the core business of the bank i.e. lending to customers is highly supported by undertaking the conveyance and security perfection process.
- Provide legal advisory services to all departments within the Bank including providing independent legal advice and judgment to mitigate any legal risks.
- Manage litigation against the Bank including external lawyers involved in litigation as well as review, analyzing and interpreting laws, regulations and judicial decisions.
- Provide support in contract negotiations and management including review of contractual agreements for the bank and providing recourse options for non-performing contractors as well as preparing, reviewing and modifying contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Advice the relevant departments on the perfection of securities and documentation as well as managing the annual securities audits and advise on the remedial process.
- Offer cost effective and timely legal advisory services and support to the credit recovery function of the Bank in order to foster effective management of regulatory and litigation risk in the recovery of Non-Performing loans.
- Prepare and facilitate staff training on specific legal matters affecting the bank including dissemination of appropriate legal requirements to various departments.
- Participating in risk management sessions that have a bearing on legal matters, review risk reports for purposes of managing key risks efficiently in the risk management process and undertake research on current legal developments and prepare briefs to the Head of Legal.
- Support the Board Secretariat in carrying out secretarial duties.
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:-
- Must have a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Degree from a recognized University with a minimum of five years legal experience ideally in a leading organization, with a proven track record in litigation management and conveyance.
- Must be an advocate of the High Court with a current practicing certificate. CPS will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of the legal environment for Banking and general business/commerce in Kenya will be added advantage.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills with ability to influence and negotiate at different levels.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number LM/3/CS/2015 by 13th May, 2016.