The Business Development Assistant Manager’s work is to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual registrars and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners through discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements by; developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s strategic goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Preparing, proposals, PowerPoint presentations and sales displays.
- Bachelors degree in marketing from a reputable institution.
- Experience of 3 years in service industries
- Valid driving license with 3+ years’ of active driving
- Strong communication skills and I.T. fluency.
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems.
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Networking and public speaking.
- Research skills.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
Do you believe you are the most suitable for this role? Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th June 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.