Position: Admin Assistant
Department: Finance & Admin
Duty Station: DSW Kenya Field Office – Mombasa
Background: DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung) is an international development and advocacy organisation, which focuses on achieving universal access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
DSW seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant to be based in Mombasa field office, Kenya. The Admin Assistant’s position provides support to the Coast regional office.
Areas of Responsibility: The Admin Assistant is a member of the DSW Kenya Coast team. S/he is responsible for providing administrative support to officers in the Coast region. S/he will work closely with the Regional Programme Coordinator – Coast, field staff and the Finance & Admin Manager.
Specific Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Regional Programme Coordinator – Coast, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive visitors/phone calls and direct inquiries including correspondence
- Assist in procurement and inventory of office consumables eg stationery, IEC materials
- Ensure efficient use of office equipment and supplies
- General maintenance of communication facilities/equipment
- Assist in related clerical duties including filing, photocopying etc
- Supervise maintenance work
- Ensure office cleanliness and arrangement
- Provide support for official meetings including observing protocol, taking minutes, preparing refreshments etc
- Facilitate hotel and travel bookings
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor or management
- Diploma in Administration or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience in front office management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to proactively
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “Admin Assistant – Mombasa” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: June 3rd, 2016
Ideal start date: Immediate
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and will be required to attend interviews in Mombasa.