Position: Field Officer – Health & Social Services
Department: Programmes & Projects
Duty Station: DSW Kenya Field Office – Mombasa
Background: DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung) is an international development and advocacy organisation, which focuses on achieving universal access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
DSW seeks to recruit a Field Officer – Health & Social Services to be based in the Mombasa field office, Kenya.
Areas of Responsibility: Working with the Project Coordinator, Regional Programme Coordinator, Programmes & Projects Manager and other staff, the Field Officer provides support on Health & Social service interventions for OVC related activities in Kilifi County.
- Coordinate planning and reporting among Community Volunteers
- Support in profiling and enrolment of households into the project
- Maintain a database of project beneficiaries
- Supervise and oversee household visits
- Coordinate follow ups to ensure effective referrals
- Documenting project data, monitoring, compiling and submitting timely reports
- Prepare activity requests and surrenders on time
- Mentor volunteers and conduct review sessions
- Perform budget tracking of the project and submit timely narrative and financial reports to the supervisor
- Participate and represent the project in the relevant technical working groups and committees
- Support in identifying potential areas of growth for program development
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with communities and local partners
- Degree in Social / Behavioural Sciences, Community Development or related field from an accredited institution. Holders of a Diploma with minimum 5 years experience will also be considered
- At least 3 years experience in OVC, particularly in the area of child protection, education and health
- Excellent command of English and Swahili languages (written and oral) is required
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with practical experience in the use of electronic communications including email, internet, etc)
- Ability to work and deliver results under minimum supervision
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Compassionate, and respectful of all people
- Keen eye for detail
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “Field Officer – Health & Social Services” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: June 3rd, 2016
Ideal start date: Immediate
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and will be required to attend interviews in Mombasa.