Position: Project Coordinator – OVC
Department: Programmes & Projects
Duty Station: DSW Kenya Field Office – Mombasa
Background: DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung) is an international development and advocacy organisation, which focuses on achieving universal access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
DSW seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator – OVC to be based in the Mombasa field office, Kenya. The Project Coordinator’s position will spearhead Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) interventions in Kilifi County.
Areas of Responsibility: Working with the Regional Programme Coordinator, Programmes & Projects Manager and other staff, the Project Coordinator provides leadership on OVC related activities in Kilifi County.
Specific Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Regional Project Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
I. Project Development and Planning
- Prepare monthly activity work plans with details of resources required against the budget
- Support in identifying potential areas of growth for program development
- Ensure the project is implemented according to plan, including training, materials adaptation and monitoring of outcomes
- Provide coordination support to ensure that activity requests and surrenders are submitted on time
- Provide technical support and capacity development to field officers to ensure adherence to national guidelines and standards
- Perform project budget tracking and submit timely narrative and financial reports to the supervisor
- Develop partnerships with different community groups to orient them on the project goals and to solicit their involvement in its implementation
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with communities, partners and the County Government to ensure smooth implementation of OVC interventions
- Support and monitor the delivery of high quality programming outputs
- Make continuous informal observation of the project implementation, noting and reporting any problems, successes and suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare high quality reports as per stipulated guidelines and within the agreed deadlines
- Capture evidence of project’s impact
- Document the project’s best practices for scaling up and application
- University degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences, Community Development or related field from an accredited institution
- At least 3 years experience in OVC work
- Excellent command of English and Swahili languages (written and oral) is required
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and writing skills
- Strong team ethics and ability to provide leadership
- Flexible in responding to changing work priorities
- Strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with practical experience in the use of electronic communications including email, internet, etc)
- Ability to work and deliver results under minimum supervision
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Compassionate, and respectful of all people
- An eye for detail
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “Project Coordinator – OVC” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: June 3rd, 2016
Ideal start date: Immediate
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.