Our client, an International Renewable Energy company, is looking for a self driven and creative Environment, Social and Governance Manager for its project in Kenya. The project will play a crucial role in enabling Kenya to achieve its “Vision 2030” objectives.
- Review internal HSE and social/community policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
- Responsible for the management of all community liaison officers.
- Assist project team in the investigation of all project incidents (GL/WC/recordable incidents, near miss and first aid) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs related to environmental, social/community, health and safety and promote HSE consciousness.
- Review HSE and social/community performance and policies.
- Responsible for checking compliance of contractor(s) with the requirements of the environmental and social management plan (ESMP) and subsidiary plans.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position.
- Undertake site visits and HSE and social/community audits.
- Regular auditing of the contractor(s) with the view of ensuring that all activities on the sites are undertaken in accordance the ESMP and subsidiary plans.
- Issuing regular audit reports to the company and contractor(s) regarding compliance.
- Providing ad-hoc environmental, social and health and safety advice including legal requirements to the company and the contractor(s) regarding issues that may arise during the contract.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental, safety, engineering, or related technical field.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of industrial construction and operations HSE experience.
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry practices, with a preference for relevant power industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer Skills – Must have experience with Microsoft office programs.
- Reasoning ability and problem solver.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Planning & organizing, with strong project management skills.
- Strong engineering skill base.
- Good asset management skills.
- Excellent modelling/scheduling skills.
Deadline: 25th May 2016
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/1SOeXl2
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.