Our client, an International Renewable Energy company, is looking for a strong Finance Manager for its project in Kenya. The project will play a crucial role in enabling Kenya to achieve its “Vision 2030” objectives.
- Support to CEO in preparing annual operating plans (AOPs).
- Ensure compliance with all shareholders, lender and government agreements.
- Develop a contract management framework to ensure all SPV obligations under the relevant contracts are being monitored and complied with.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, and financial reports for management, shareholders and lenders.
- Monitor performance of the project against the base case financial model and prepare regular updated financial models.
- Manage relationship with OPIC and the agent bank under the financing agreements and preparation of updated disbursement requests, etc.
- Coordinate the draw down of funds from lenders and equity investors.
- Treasury and cash management, including foreign exchange exposure monitoring.
- Source and manage the following systems: GL system, reporting systems, economic development reporting systems, online banking systems and infrastructure.
- Establish appropriate policies and procedures to ensure that the reporting systems are fit for purpose and are being utilised effectively.
- Audit liaison and preparation of annual financial statements.
- Compliance with tax, legislative and statutory requirements for both the project company and the community trust.
- Ensure compliance with all cosec and defined regulatory requirements notwithstanding that certain functions will be outsourced per SLA.
- Preparation of economic development forecasts and budgets.
- A university degree or similar – MBA is an advantage.
- Ideally experience in the Kenyan power sector.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent transaction and asset management skills.
- Strong in financial modelling and scheduling.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in project accounting & finance.
- Experience in developing management information systems.
- Strong in risk management & mitigation.
- In-depth experience of working with lenders, financiers & lawyers in delivering power sector projects.
Deadline: 25th May 2016
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/1TulCgE
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.