Vacancy: Field Recruitment Officer
VALUE Farm Limited is a commercial enterprise embedded in the community concept. Value Farms focuses on land consolidation for commercial agriculture by utilizing the available, permanent and dependable water resources for irrigation.
Its current agricultural strategy is Value addition and Market linkages including packaging and distribution of large scale agricultural production of legumes and integrated farming of high value horticultural crops including yellow passion fruits.
The impact of VALUE farms activities are income generation, revitalization of agricultural infrastructures development, market linkages and Social inclusion.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the following positions;
Job Title: Field Recruitment Officer
Station: Homa Bay & Siaya County
Salary: KES. 15,000/-
Overall responsibility: The overall goal of the position holder will be to identify and recruit small holder farmers to adopt the land consolidation concept.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Marketing; communicate the value of land consolidation concept to the small holder farms Recruitment;
- Increase enrollment by interviewing and qualifying prospective small holder farmers.
- Participate in operational planning; identify area of focus for penetration by conducting site visits and surveys.
- Data collection; visit and profile the farmer details for reference purposes.
- Stakeholders engagement and Relationships;
- keep a contact sheet for all stake holders within the county of operation.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Diploma in community development and /or social work 1-2 years work experience in community mobilization and training
- Must be able to speak the local language
- Personal skills and attributes required
- Excellent communication
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent in record keeping and analytical skills
Working environment /Conditions; Field work
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Value Farms Limited together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials and three referees.
Send Applications to email@example.com
The deadline for submission is Monday, 23rd May 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.