Vacancy: Project Manager
VALUE Farms Limited is a commercial enterprise embedded in the community concept. VALUE Farms focuses on land consolidation for commercial agriculture by utilizing the available, permanent and dependable water resources for irrigation.
Its current agricultural strategy is Value addition and Market linkages including packaging and distribution of large scale agricultural production of legumes and integrated farming of high value horticultural crops including yellow passion fruits.
The impact of VALUE farms activities are income generation, revitalization of agricultural infrastructures development, market linkages and Social inclusion.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the following positions;
Job Title: Project Manager
Station: Siaya County with frequent Travel to Homa-bay County
Salary: KES. 40,000/-
Overall responsibility: The position holder will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring and evaluating the companies’ projects.
Position reports to: The Executive Director.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. General Management
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of the project to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters.
- Oversee and champion the strategies plan of acquiring new farmers in both Siaya and Homa- bay counties within specific timelines.
- Serve as focal point and facilitate resolution of issues of all matters pertaining to the projects.
- Carry out research and analyze data relevant to requirements of the project and prepare related reports.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation (M& E)
- Developing a comprehensive M& E plan to measure project performance against intended results.
- Create M & E tools and systems necessary to systematically collect, analyze and present program data.
- Provide technical assistance in data quality by analyzing trends, making comparisons and producing reports in a timely manner.
3. Personnel Management
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and arrange for recruitment and assignment of project personnel.
- Assist and guide project staff to outline their work plans and assign them duties and responsibilities.
4. Financial Management
- Providing oversight on the preparation of the budgetary requirements. Ensure that all financial transactions are well kept.
- Incorporating all resources required for the successful implementation of the project into the procurement plan.
6. Communication and Reporting
- Prepare monthly and annual M& E reports.
- Prepare project progress reports as and when required.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Minimum Degree qualification in Project Management or Related fields.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in project management.
- M & E analytical and reporting skill is a must have.
- Personal skills and attributes required
- Strategic focus and strong business analytical skills
- Demonstrated financial and people management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent reporting skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Value Farms Limited together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials and three referees.
Send Applications to email@example.com
The deadline for submission is Monday, 23rd May 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.