Background: Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications and research company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
Given the incessant news cycle in both the traditional and digital media, we believe it is absolutely vital to employ reputation management and strategic communications to further the manifold objectives of our clients.
We assist our diverse client base with navigating today’s complex information space from offices located in Kenya and Somalia.
We are looking for a communications intern who will support the Communication Team’s efforts to efficiently conduct its day-to-day tasks.
- Social media management of the company’s social media platforms.
- Update web site content
- Assist in the organization and updating of photo library and creation of video library
- Media monitoring which entails preparation of a daily press digest released to our clients at 1600hrs.
- Assist in organizing events
- Any other technical and operational assistance appropriate and required by the Communications Team
- University degree in communications, journalism, and media studies, political science, international relations, and any other related academic fields;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Critical reasoning and problem solving skills;
- Capability and self-initiative to carry out assigned tasks at a professional level and largely without supervision;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Start date: 1 July 2016
How to apply:
How to apply:
Send in your resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Ref: Communications Intern by 25th May 2016 1700hrs.
Applications sent after the deadline will not be received.