The Finance Director is also able to dive deep into details and think at the ground level. He/she should be able to play offense as a business and systems thinker – scalability of platform, improvements to unit economic and scaling model, global shared services – as well as defense – dealing with leakage, fraud prevention, and air-tight controls in challenging operating environments.
The Finance Director will report directly to the Managing director and is a core member of the leadership team.
- Build and develop systems – set up highly efficient financial systems that take into account the highly technical payment, cash management, payroll and financial operating systems of a rapidly scaling, geographically distributed multi-unit operations. These systems need to be highly efficient or automated, data-driven, transparent and appropriate for emerging market conditions
- Develop financial and non-financial key performance indicators and the appropriate reporting to assess financial and operational performance across the Company.
- Ensure that systems and controls are in place to minimize and mitigate risk of fraud/leakage, as well as proactively audit key functions and accounts.
- Support business expansion strategies by forecasting and assessing the financial impact of key decisions.
- Maintain budgetary oversight at both a global and country-level of all departments within the company; work closely with managers and senior executives on budgeting and forecast process.
- Manage the external audit process for financial statements; ensure that Company is in compliance with internal policies and relevant regulations.
- Lead cash and risk management – manage banking relationships, cash flow forecasting, working capital, etc.
- Lead the department in recruiting and retaining top staff; manage the development of staff through performance management process.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- At least 10 years of experience within finance/corporate finance, including experience as Finance Director/VP Finance.
- Deep experience leading and managing the financial operations and strategy for a Company with hyper growth and complex challenges across a broad scope of work.
- Degree in a business/finance related field – e.g. accounting, MBA with a record of top academic performance from a top-tier elite institution.
- Strong background in financial management (systems) with a thorough understanding of financial regulations.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience leading Finance for fast-growth, rapidly-scaling companies strongly preferred.
- Success operating in environments with high risk of fraud and leakage, particularly in emerging markets.