Job Title: Legal Officer
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leader in the financial sector seeks to recruit a self-driven individual to the position of Legal Officer.
The successful candidate will be tasked with providing full scope legal support, advice and input to the business; taking into account legal risk and the need to overcome legal obstacles.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- To guide the implementation of regulatory changes to ensure that regulatory requirements are met;
- To ensure that contracts are appropriate, both legally and meet commercial needs;
- To ensure effective dispute resolution whilst minimizing the risk ;
- To provide accurate legal advice and opinion to designated customers;
- To ensure that all documentations are legally sound and meet business needs;
- To manage relationships with all internal and external customers with the aim of providing proactive advice and consulting to ensure optimal business decisions, taking into account legal opportunities and risks;
- To assist with the monitoring of legal exposures arising in the business and report on legal risks and regulatory developments;
- To liaise with external legal experts to provide additional legal support to the business units;
- To assist in regulatory universe compliance and interpretations;
- To act as in-house legal counsel for restructuring transactions and in an advisory capacity of organizational entities;
- To instruct counsel and manage the process of litigation and advisory.
- Strategic Thinking;
- Analytical Skills;
- Business Acumen & Customer Focus;
- Communicating & Influencing;
- Leadership Effectiveness;
- Planning& Organizing.
- Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB);
- Certified Public Secretary (K) ;
- A Member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Proficiency in MS Suite ;
- Minimum 3 years in a Legal function;
- A good understanding of Commercial Law;
- Working knowledge of regulatory environment ;
- Knowledge of the Kenya Legal System ;
- Knowledge of Commercial Law;
- Risk Awareness.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply through www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.