Our client is urgently seeking to recruit a Fleet Maintenance Workshop Officer to be located in Nairobi.
The incumbent of this position is responsible for the maintenance of all company vehicles, analyze all diagnosed vehicle defects, and recommend for the right spare parts for specific repairs.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- The incumbent will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the preventive maintenance program.
- Endeavor to eliminate / minimize vehicle breakdowns pro-actively.
- Implement and monitor cost effective maintenance program.
- Maintain accurate records of spare parts and respective repairs inclusive of tyre replacement.
- Professionally manage the Workshop Team and enforce Company safety/environmental practices and procedures.
- Plan and coordinate all activities of the Workshop Team accordingly to bring about cost effective maintenance.
- Ensure optimum utilization of workshop resources especially employees, parts, lubes and tyres.
- Supervise the preparation, updating and filing of proper maintenance records as a regular practice.
- Purchased spares inspection to ensure the quality conforms to stipulated standards
- Process all applicable documents for insurance claim settlement.
- Prepare monthly workshop performance report e.g. on scrap analysis, breakdown, maintenance trucking etc and forward to the operations manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Zero Breakdowns en route.
- Zero incidents / Accidents in the Workshop.
- Minimal workshop downtime.
- Mechanically sound and presentable fleet on the road all the times.
- Reduced workshop expenses.
- Zero repeat jobs.
- Total compliance to set out HSSE standards
- Professional and disciplined Workshop Team ready to deal will all Workshop related matters.
Internal Audit Roles and Responsibilities:
- Make the entire Workshop aware about the objectives and scope of the audit necessary.
- Cooperate with the Internal Auditors to permit the audit objectives to be achieved.
- Close out audit findings related to Road Transport Department.
- Maintain a copy of the Road Transport Department Internal Audit results.
- Experience in the automotive industry
- At least 5 years’ experience in automobile industry in a reputable organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree/ Diploma- Mechanical / Automotive Engineering
- Exceptional organization, decision making and problem solving abilities
- High integrity and professionalism.
- Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work within a team.
- Computer Skills (MS Office).
- Exposure to Vehicle Diagnostic /Automotive systems (vehicle layout, function and location of parts)
- Customer and quality focus
Applicants should forward their applications enclosing detailed CV’s stating their previous and expected gross pay by e-mail to BlumeAfrica @gmail.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.