Our client a leading FMCG Company in East Africa is currently seeking to fill the position of a Quality Assurance Manager for its Mombasa Plant.
The incumbent will be tasked with a duty to create and maintain value and consistency in Product and to reduce customer complaint, maintain quality, continuous improvement in system and quality to meet organization’s business / strategic objectives.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee incoming raw material & packing material monitoring & controls, approvals for artwork/ new packing material/ new ingredient after evaluation
- Evaluation of supplier’s ability to meet standards, audits, trials, score card tracking and vendor development.
- Tracking & Processing control parameters to achieve final product requirement, its intermediate storage, and Final inspection to meet quality objectives.
- Ensure continuous Process improvement by providing technical inputs to processing, packaging, supply chain and marketing.
- Ensure food safety (GMPs, HACCP) related development to meet organization objectives and standard.
- Ensure continuous product development (Lab & plant trails) in line to organization short & long term objectives
- Act upon market complaint/ Feedback, root cause (basic cause analysis), preventive & corrective action, response to customer (internal & external)
- Participate in market sampling, survey, product benchmarking, and competition analysis.
- Training of plant / sales/ mkt/ SCM teams about product & product handling.
- Making standard Procedures, standard specifications (raw material, packing material, processing, packing, SCM, market complaint & returns.
- Management Representative for external / customer audits.
- Giving inputs and driving Quality Policy for the organisation.
- Coordinating other functional heads to support for their functional objectives.
- Ensuring GLP practices in department.
- Bachelors in food technology / Higher National Diploma graduate with at least 10 years’ experience
- At least 8 Years’ experience in FMCG manufacturing plant for (preferably Edible Oils)
- Good knowledge of QMS and MUST have implemented such systems
- Good knowledge of Product, Process and Quality systems and practices.
- Knowledge of Oils and fats, food chemistry.
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st June 2016