Job Title: Sponsor Relations Officer (SRO)
- Area Supervisor (Administrative)
- Sponsorship Relations Coordinator (technical)
Closing date: 27th May 2016
Mission Statement: Motivated by Christ’s love, this position plays a key role in promoting the wholistic ministry of Food for the Hungry (FH) through the
In order to accomplish this vision, FH’s mission is to “walk with churches leaders and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation.”
Position in the Organization: The Sponsor Relations Officer reports hierarchically to the Area Supervisor based on the Cluster where they have been assigned to work. Technically the SRO reports to the Sponsorship Relations Coordinator.
The Sponsor Relations Officer supervises Child Relations Officers in the Cluster they have been assigned work
Purpose of the Job: Supports the Sponsorship Relations Coordinator to make proper use of computer systems and databases of the program, coordinating with regional sponsorship in order to maintain a fluid communication system between sponsored children and their sponsors.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Key Result #1: Child – Sponsor Communications
- Ensure information flow to/from the communities is efficient and in accordance to the sponsorship guidelines and requirements.
- Manage correspondences process of delivery/reception to/from the communities through the Child Relations Officer. Tracking down on a timely basis before a correspondence goes over due
- Receive/send correspondence packages in a secure manner, protecting child information, from/to SDOs through WorldLink, mail couriers (DHL, FedEx, etc.).
- Delegate correspondence and report requests to the assigned field staff.
- Translate correspondence, reports and other sponsorship related documentation from/to English from/to local language, and ensures that correspondence is in alignment with FH’s Protection Policy.
- Provide feedback and training to field staff on the key guidelines to ensure quality information on letters, photos and reports.
- Attend training sessions and follow up meetings with the Field Sponsorship Services staff.
- To track and follow up on sponsor questions and concerns from the field that they are responded to appropriately
Key Result #2 – Develop Communications
- Execute FH child sponsorship policies by creating communications and reports of high quality in accordance with agreed requirements formulated by FH and its donors, applying World Link functions.
- Coordinate information flow on changes/updates between Sponsor Development Office – SDOs and field.
- Coordinate planning, collection and quality check of massive communications from field sites and deliver to SDO as per the guidelines.
- Make sponsorship work annual plans at the cluster level detailing the workflow
Key Result #3 – Knowledge sharing
- Supervise, train and mentor Child Relations Officers towards optimum performance in their roles
- Provide training on communication requirements to FH staff.
- Monitor performance and quality of child sponsor communication and give feedback to staff
- Establish and update on going reference information points on child sponsor requirements
- Staff support and field follow up on children missing out on sponsorship activities
Key Result #4 – Program Support activities
- Liaise with Area Supervisor and Sponsorship Relations Coordinator to do resource inventory, plan, budget for and purchase the necessary stationery and equipments.
- Collect current information and update community profiles with the appropriate documentation.
- Identify all children to be dropped from the sponsor program and communicate this to staff including those that are graduating
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Excellent inter personal relationship and communication skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must
- Basic knowledge of computer programming will be an added advantage
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Good supervisor skills and highly organized
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in communication studies/secretarial studies/ Business Administration or its equivalent plus, 3 years’ experience working with children in an NGO set up.
- Diplomas holders who have over 5 years relevant work experience will also be considered.
Language Skills: Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications quoting current remuneration, updated CVs with three referees, day telephone contacts to:
Human Resources Manager
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
latest by 27/05/2016
NB: only short listed candidates will be contacted.