Our client, a French multinational among the Fortune Global 500 companies, is looking to hire a Finance Director for its Kenya Operations.
The company, a major international player in Employee Benefits, Incentive and Recognition Programs and Public Benefits Solutions, is opening a new subsidiary in Kenya and currently operates in 80 countries worldwide and has over 400,000 employees.
The Finance Director will be a Board Member and will actively participate in the development of the Kenya subsidiary.
She/he will be responsible for the company’s business plan and ensure the full integrity of the financial information by respecting the group and local accounting rules.
She/he will be responsible for managing the entity’s cash flows and financial investments to maximize financial revenues whilst respecting local and group regulations.
The Finance Director will specifically be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position;
- Coordinating the three-year financial plan, of which the first year is the budget, ensuring consistency with the strategic plan;
- Advising the CEO and other Board Members in all important decisions concerning the company, notably by giving an economic, financial and legal opinion;
- Ensuring that the company’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth;
- Giving the necessary support to the operational departments in the development of existing and new business opportunities and in improving their performance;
- Managing directly, or through a shared service center in India, accounting & tax, controlling, treasury, legal, internal control and facilities management;
- Delivering monthly analysis, KPI’s and reports to analyze and drive the company’s results and business performance;
- Managing the company’s annual results in collaboration with the operational team by careful forecast management, strong development focus, careful cost control, and appropriate challenge in target setting, to ensure that the budget objectives are secured;
- Ensuring full integrity of the financial information by respecting group and local accounting rules and guarantees the quality and respects the deadlines of group reporting;
- Managing the relationship with the company’s auditors;
- Ensuring the company’s fiscal compliance, with the support of group’s fiscal team;
- Ensuring that all of the company’s operations respect the current legislation, including local voucher and e-voucher regulations;
- Managing the treasury and financial investments of the company to maximize financial revenue whilst respecting the local and group regulations;
- Managing the local relationship with banks;
- Preparing and administering payroll and ensuring that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner;
- Negotiating and managing the employee insurance and benefits plans; and
- Processing and submitting statutory and benefits remittances on time.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or Finance;
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field is highly desirable;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in finance, with broad finance skills and including accounting, credit collection, legal & tax, treasury, and controlling. At least two(2) years experience with ‘Big 4’audit firms highly preferred;
- Be a qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification;
- Possess knowledge of the business environment of the mobile payment industry, best practice in accounting business and legal factors;
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage local stakeholders and remote finance shared service center;
- Possess exceptional communication skills at all levels;
- Ability to work in a start-up mode: fast decision process, growth focus, agility, new idea generation;
- Ability to challenge the CEO and management team and drive decision making;
- Possess strong analytical skills, rigorous and methodical approach to complex problems solving ;
- Ability to work autonomously, to coordinate and prioritize high work load;
- Knowledge of Navision will be an added advantage.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making;
- Must be a person of high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance;
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Extensive knowledge of electronic transaction support systems (including card systems), excellent knowledge of the Ms Office packages and experience with an ERP system;
- Extensive expert knowledge of IT, telecommunications and electronic transaction support systems (including card systems), excellent knowledge of Ms Office package and experience with ERP system; and
- Must offer medium availability to travel on business, occasionally abroad.
Qualified candidates, please apply for the position by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted