Vacancy: Front of House Supervisor
Job Ref: MM/FOH/2
About our client: Our client owns a luxury tented Kenyan safari camp in the Mara which consists of 12 sleeper tents and caters to a maximum of 24 guests.
They are looking for a Front of House Supervisor to supervise all operations front of house, to communicate effectively between management and all employees & to ensure that guests are well tended to in every aspect of their stay.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure guests are welcomed and orientated at the beginning of their stay
- Using Protel, input and data management of all guest records
- Assist wait staff when required
- Respond to all guest requests and feedback appropriately
- Coach individual team members to develop their skills and maximise performance
- Motivate and be proactive in encouraging team commitment and spirit
- Share ideas and problems with the team and encourage their input in helping make decisions where possible
- Assist any other department/employee as and when required and possible
- Any reasonable request from management outside the normal duties listed
- Ensure the smooth service of all food and beverage to guests, welcome drinks, mini-bars, breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon teas, pre-game drive drinks, remote dinning and any functions as required.
- Ensure all communications from management are conveyed throughout the team through relevant methods – notice boards, meetings, phone calls etc.
- Ensure that all communication toward other employees, guests, suppliers and any visitor to site is polite, positive and conducive with a harmonious workplace.
- Reporting all relevant issues to management
- Lead the team through effective example setting
- Support General Manager and Operations Manager with the welfare, guiding, developing and support of team members
- Complete stock-take records, temperature logs, cleaning schedules, Occupational Health and Safety records and all documentation for all areas within normal guest view.
- Give clear direction and guidelines to team members
- Delegate and manage distribution of workload effectively
- Conduct regular performance reviews
- Supporting Spa therapist with monthly reporting, statistics, budget, targets and stock control
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years working experience working in High-end exclusive lodges and camps
- Excellent guest relation and communication skills
- Ability to handle Housekeeping, Front of House and the Kitchen
- Highly motivated and result driven
- Self-driven individuals with stamina and a mentality to produce professional standards in a challenging remote environment
- Social and open minded individuals with a great personality
- Pay attention to detail and customers
Remuneration: An attractive package is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted