Job Purpose: The role of the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for the execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other matters and projects.
Reporting to the Senior Internal Auditor Pan Africa Holdings Limited (PAIHL), the Senior Internal Auditor shall:-
- Perform control adequacy reviews of business processes;
- Perform control effectiveness reviews of business processes and policies;
- Perform consulting assignments independently or by assisting the Sanlam Internal Audit team;
- Prepare draft audit reports for discussion with clients and the audit committee and verbally communicate findings to senior management.;
- Follow-up of management action against target dates;
- Create relationships with local management and other assurance providers e.g. Risk Management and External Auditors;
- Co-ordinate the audits according to the audit plan which has been prepared by Sanlam Group Internal Audit;
- Assist with audits in other Pan Africa Holdings subsidiaries;
- Interact/ participate in the Internal Audit profession in Kenya and remain up to date with requirements specific to the local chapter of Internal Auditors;
- Provide guidance and lead junior auditors within the department; and
- Assist the Auditor in charge (Pan Africa Holdings) with the preparation of reports, follow-up of issues and if necessary attendance of Audit Committee meetings.
- Strong analytical thinking
- Ability to work both in a team and on your own
- Planning & organizing
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Concern for accuracy
- Innovative thinking
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Stress tolerance
- Result driven
- Customer service
- Influencing and gaining commitment
- Systems knowledge and familiarity
- Ability to work independently
- Ability/ willingness to travel.
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business Management with qualifications in ACCA/CPA,CIA/CISA or a similar degree.
In addition to the formal qualifications;a minimum of 5 years’ relevant Internal Audit experience; Auditing experience in Financial Services Industry (general insurance, Life insurance and Asset Management) will be an added advantage.
If your career aspiration matches this exciting opportunity, please submit your detailed CV and covering letter to reach us on or before Wednesday 4 May 2016 at 1600 hours addressed to
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted