A well-established organization with a multi-national presence seeks to engage with a professional, dynamic and self-respecting professional in the position of:-
General Services and Procurement Assistant
Main Purpose of the Job: To manage the procurement department to ensure that the procurement activities within the organization are met with utmost efficiency.
- Developing of procurement, logistics and distribution strategy working closely with other stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Support the implementation of the function’s policies, processes and procedures
- Assist in the development of Purchase Strategies for procurement of commodities, works and services for the organization
- Prepare and assist in Planning, of activities for the procurement of works, goods and services for the organization.
- Participate in assisting the Field Offices with the development of statement of work, terms of reference specifications, scope of work, proper descriptions and completeness of information and work with End User to ensure optimal time resource use on procurement.
- Prepare and compile bidding documents for thresholds designated, float tenders and ensure smooth bid process in compliance with the organization’s procedure.
- Fully involve in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to facilities and asset management, Builders Management Systems (buildings and premises)
- Prepare, develop and assist in managing bids and contracts for procurement activities for the organization and affiliated field offices.
- Ensure good relationships or partnerships between the organization and selected vendors, in order to maintain and safeguard capacity, quality, cost and continuity of relationship in the long-term.
- Ensuring implementation of the procurement Systems, governance, monitoring & evaluation
- Ensuring best value for the business through cost optimization of the procurement budgets
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in management
- Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports, filing and archiving as required
Job Skills: Facilities, logistics & inventory management, Cost management, Negotiations skills, Interpersonal & Communication skills, professionalism and ethics, Team Player, Leadership, Innovative &Change Champion
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Administration, Engineering or Procurement
- 5 years minimum experience in procurement and contracts management
- Proficiency in using advanced computer applications (SAP, ERP, Microsoft Office)
- Experience in a multi-lateral organization will be an added advantage
Qualifying candidates to kindly send their detailed CVs on or before 3rd June, 2016 to the following address:
Email address: email@example.com
Business Partner Consultants (BPC)
Tel: +254 712 316 877
(Only qualifying & job-matching candidates will be contacted)