Division: Global Programs
Summary: Under the supervision of the Global Program Data Manager, provide support to the Organization’s global HIV Testing and Linkage Program at the Global Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Responsible for supporting global HIV testing and linkage data collection, implementing, maintaining and administering the local and web-based Testing and Linkage database and following-up with respondents worldwide on monthly submissions
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly Testing and Linkage summary report and follow-up with respondents to verify data and conduct specific case-studies;
- Responsible for the preparation of feedback reports around testing and linkage including communication and following-up with global staff on data submission, validation and utilization of feedback;
- Analyze testing data to guide testing teams to target their testing and provide insight into the effectiveness of different testing programs
- Follow-up with testing, site-level and country-level teams to follow-up on reported linkage and assess the patient level outcomes including initiation outcomes and retention;
- As part of a global team assist in the development and implementation of a global monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan regarding Testing and Linkage, including: working with bureau and country staff to provided trainings and develop related data collection tools and data management systems.
- Provide training and guidance to global program staff in data management.
- In collaboration with the Global Quality Team backstop global programmatic activities, including but not limited to program start-up, program development, reporting, assessment, monitoring, and program improvement;
- Support the implementation of various digitalized solutions to capture individual testing form where and when possible;
- Support other organization’s operations and program activities as needed and as requested.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited College or University and one to two years related experience and/or training or BA/BS degree (Statistics, Public Health or Monitoring & Evaluation) and minimum of five (5) years related experience in a similar setting.
- Experience in working with data in the setting of HIV testing and Linkage is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); MS Outlook; navigating the internet; statistics software (preferably SPSS) and database software including and SQL Server and Crystal Reports.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret graphs.
- High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize in pursuit of deadlines;
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Availability outside of regular office hours for activities and meetings, as needed;
- Ability to practice discretion with confidential matters;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, international environment;
- Experience in: HIV/AIDS field; non-profit sector; Testing and Linkage
- Oral and written fluency in English required;
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 30th May 2016 to the
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Global Prevention Data Manager”