Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA) is a registered Non – Governmental Organization (NGO) in Kenya and a member of the Hand in Hand global network whose vision is to alleviate poverty through enterprise development and job creation.
HiH EA’s mandate is to work within the Eastern Africa region and is currently working in Kenya and gradually expanding to other Eastern Africa countries.
HiH EA is looking for an Agronomist (Environmental Specialist) to join our team and invites applications from suitably qualified individuals:
Ref No: AGR IKE 01-2016
The Agronomist will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will play a vital role in strengthening the environmental and climate-smart profile of HiH EA’s programs and support entrepreneurs to improve their adaptation to climate change and to mitigate its negative effects on their local natural environment.
This role will be based in Homa Bay, with frequent travel to other branches within the project to build capacity and ensure that environmental conservation, climate change adaptation and sustainable agricultural development are key integrated components of our approach.
- Masters’ Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Ecological Science, Environmental Conservation or allied discipline;
- Experience within a similar position or in promoting environmental conservation, climate change adaptation/mitigation and/or sustainable agriculture in a different capacity;
- Proven track-record of conducting research, mapping and analysis;
- Experience in training/capacity building;
- Leadership experience, either professional or non-professional, encouraged;
- Ability and willingness to commit to the HiH EA’s vision, mission and values.
Additional organizational information as well as duties/responsibilities, expectations, measurable outputs and performance indicators regarding this position are available in the detailed advert at the HiH EA website.
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference Number to HiH EA via the email email@example.com by 10th June, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
P.O Box 8562- 00100 Nairobi.
Tel: 020 2660908, 020 2660909