ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Title: PMTCT / Pediatric Advisor
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to ICAP – supported facilities in the regions
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Director of Programs, the PMTCT / Pediatric Advisor will provide technical support in the planning and implementation of eMTCT, pediatrics and adolescent programs within ICAP – supported facilities in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
He/she will supervise regional PMTCT Advisors.
In addition he/she will be responsible for the planning, coordination and providing overall direction for the Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programming as well as providing strong leadership to a team of implementers working with the facilities.
- To oversee the planning and implementation of eMTCT in ICAP-supported facilities.
- To provide on-going technical support and supervision to regional PMTCT Advisors and Program Officers who will in turn provide technical support to facilities in the implementation of eMTCT activities.
- To participate in the eMTCT/Paediatric technical working groups in the Ministry of Health, National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP)
- To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of HIV paediatric and adolescent Care and Treatment services at ICAP-supported facilities.
- develop a standard package for Paediatric HIV care services and ensure its implementation in ICAP supported facilities
- To provide supervision on implementation of standard package for paediatric and adolescent HIV Care and Treatment programs
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor of medicine or its equivalent
- Pediatric experience will be an added advantage
- Five years experience in implementation of eMTCT and Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programs
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to
the Director- Human Resources,
on or before May 27, 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer