ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Prevention Advisor
Location: Country Office Nairobi with travel to ICAP sites in the regions
Overall Job function: As a member of the ICAP Senior Technical Team and reporting to the Director of Programs, the Prevention Advisor is responsible for the planning, implementation and supervision of all ICAP prevention activities in ICAP sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the scaling up of key HIV prevention interventions, particularly HIV testing and counseling (HCT) including Provider-Initiated Testing and Counseling.
- Ensure effective referrals and linkages from HTC to HIV care services
- Scale up prevention programs which target most at risk populations including discordant couples and beach populations
- Any other relevant duty as requested by line management
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Minimum 4 year’s relevant experience
- Familiarity with county and sub-county health systems
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to the
HR and Administration Manager,
on or before 10th May 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer