Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
Vacancy: Chief Manager, Finance and Strategy
Vacancy: Chief Manager, Finance and Strategy
Job Ref: ICPAK 009/2016
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008.
Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: The Chief Manager Finance and Strategy (CFS) shall head the Finance and Strategy Division and advise the Chief Executive Officer on financial matters and financial risks.
He / She shall oversee the Institute’s short-term or long-term investments plans and their implementation.
The Chief Manager Finance and Strategy (CFS) will provide strategic leadership in financial planning particularly including management and development of policies, systems and processes that will safeguard resources and ensure provision of services both to the internal and external stakeholders.
S/he will manage the annual operating planning & monthly forecasting processes with the senior management team.
S/he will also develop key performance measurements and driving financial accountability.
The role shall be responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the Institute’s Strategic Plan (SP) ensuring the SP’s objectives are met at corporate level.
The role shall generally be responsible with oversight supervision of Finance, ICT, Facilities & Asset Management and Planning and Budgetary functions of the Institute.
Job Profile: The Chief Manager Finance and Strategy shall report to the Chief Executive Officer and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the development and implementation of corporate strategy
- Developing departmental work plans for monitoring strategy implementation
- Managing the day to day accounting/finance functions of the Institute
- Driving the annual planning and budgeting processes of the Institute including financial management and control.
- Oversee the annual financial audit process.
- Planning and coordinating statutory compliance of the Institute
- Developing and implementing policies on strengthening the Institute’s financial position
- Ensuring existence of effective governance structures through the documentation of policies and procedures
- Developing annual action plans and ensuring the implementation in line with the Institute’s Strategic Plan
- Implementing and monitoring the ICT strategy
- Working closely with internal audit department in ensuring sound risk management framework
- Monitoring and evaluating staff performance in the Finance Division against the strategic goals
- Coordinating the Finance, ICT and facilities Functions
- Financial modeling and analysis.
- Overseeing and supervision of cash management, cash flow management and treasury duties.
- Ensures preparation and makes presentation of monthly consolidated P & L, statement of comprehensive income and statement of financial position.
- Ensures timely production and delivery of statutory and internal financial reports / information to key stakeholders such as Management, Council, regulators and members.
Person Profile: Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Business related field (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Strategy, Human Resource, Operations Management or Management Information Systems).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing
- Membership to any other relevant professional body will be an added advantage • 8 years of experience in a management position in a Finance function and exposure in implementation and monitoring of Corporate Strategic Plans
- Experience in leading and managing teams preferably in Finance, (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) ICT and facilities operations within a diverse, division-based entity.
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Must be computer savvy
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills with experience in development of Board papers
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Drive for results and achievement
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic, go getter and a self starter
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills, and an ability to persuade people
- Strong analytical skills and experience of interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and an effective communicator at all levels in the organization.
- The ability to work well with financial reporting systems
- Strong management and supervision skills with ability to supervise a diverse group
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in pdf format clearly indicating the position applied for, current and expected salary to the following: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 3rd June, 2016.